Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Was it Worth It?

So I decided I had a craving for Taco Bell last night. Yes, I really do LIKE Taco Bell in a pinch. Yes, I know there are far better choices for super Mexican food, but the convenience of driving thru Taco Bell on my way home from work made the choice for me last night.

But alas, although I like Taco Bell ... it really doesn't like ME!  And I know this. It's a foregone conclusion. But yet, I am weak. For I knew what the "end" result would be. (nasty pun, eh?) But I did it anyway. Or should I say, OVER did it!  Tacos, Mexican pizza, Crown Royal Black. Oh my!

Afterwards, I sang karaoke for two hours (at home), thinking the working of my stomach muscles would help matters. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Hard to say. No issues last night. Slept like a baby.

This morning, however, was quite a different story. Now my digestive system is a fargin' mess to begin with so forcing it to deal with something I know will send it into a raging fury is simply stupid. (IBS)  Call me stupid. (but it was SO good tasting last night!)

The whole trick to this dilemma is my ride to work.  It's a 15 - 20 minute ride, depending upon traffic. It's all a matter of timing. Driving faster than allowed. Choosing the right lanes that won't bog down. Watching for slow trucks & city buses.  Multiple lane changes. All the while knowing that at any minute, all bets are off & I'm going to have to dive for an escape route somewhere. (aka: a bathroom) I have most of my bailouts planned out. The trick is being in the correct lane, in case you have to make that sudden emergency turn, be it left lane or right lane.

The other part of the timing  is the multiple preparatory bathroom visits at home "pre-trip".  After my final volley, I hopped into the Expedition & began my trek, all the while whispering to myself, "You're gonna make it. You're gonna make it."  I passed my first three "bail out stops" thinking I had things licked. Traffic was cooperating except for the standard 2 - 3 light stop at Sample & Powerline. I usually think that once I cross Sample Road I'm home free. (I work off of Atlantic). After Coconut Creek Blvd. I got hit with a wave of both "you know" and terror. I wasn't going to make it. Next bail out is the McD's on Atlantic & Powerline. I dove into the right lane but the symptoms subsided before I reached the light.  Once again I thought I could make it to work. Only two minutes away, now.

So I changed lanes again to make a left on Atlantic towards my destination. The wave hit again, as did the panic. I accelerated & took the balance of the turns on two wheels. Screeched into my parking spot & flew into the office. Threw down my briefcase & keys. Never even turned on the lights. Headed right to the bathroom.  Made it.  "Whooped 'em again, Josey!"

So was it worth it? It's now 11:50am & I'm still not right. So finally, I have my mind clear on this issue. NO ... it was not worth it. I know what upsets my stomach & it's time to STOP eating it. I'm getting really tired of this sh*t! (pun intended, again)

But it sure did make for an exciting morning, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment