Friday, January 27, 2012

Early "Wheel of Fortune" Episode

With the revelation made by Pat Sajak this week about he & Vanna getting drunk during taping of the earlier episodes of 'Wheel of Fortune', we decided to go back thru the archives to see if we could find any evidence of this. Here's what we found:

SAJAK: It's your spin, Mary.
[spinning, clicking sound]
SAJAK: $300
MARY: "R"
SAJAK: Are what?
MARY: No, the letter "R".
SAJAK: Sorry, Mary, you have to BUY vowels.
MARY: But "R" isn't a vowel.
SAJAK: ARE what vowels? And that really wasn't grammatically correct.  Where were you brought up? Is English your first language?
MARY: Huh?
SAJAK: Listen, Sally, I run this show. Now do you want to buy an "R" or don't you?
MARY: I .......
SAJAK: Vanna, are there any "I"s ?
VANNA: Where?
SAJAK: Behind those square thingies.
VANNA: What would they look like?
SAJAK: Kind of like a "T" with an extra line at the bottom.
MARY: I didn't say I wanted the letter "I".  I wanted an "R".
SAJAK: "R"s are expensive, Madge, are you sure you can afford it? Show me what you have in your purse.
MARY: But ... I .....
SAJAK: Wilma, are there any "I"s?
VANNA: I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat.
SAJAK: Seriously?
VANNA: Yeah. I'm pretty sure if I turn these square thingies around we can see some letters behind them. It might be a clue.
SAJAK: And then we'll have Yahtzee?
[Mary is seen slowly walking off camera as they cut to commercial]

Pretty convincing evidence, in our opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment